Sunday, April 18, 2010

You Know You Love Someone When . . .

Now don't get too excited this is about a boy, but not "About THE Boy" - not that there is "A Boy" - oh man this is not going where I wanted it to.

ANYWAY - You know you love someone when you dress up like a Lion for a 1 yr old's Zoo themed birthday party. That's right we celebrated Gage's birthday this weekend in Portland and he loves characters (or so we thought) so when I found Ryan's Lion costume from a Halloween dance Emily asked me to wear if for the party 1) because Gage we thought would love it and 2) because Maisey kind of has a fear of people dressed up (unless maybe Disney Princesses) so we asked her if it was ok if it was me in a Lion costume and we let her name me (Tallula I think) so we had this planned for weeks.


Well Gage didn't find it so appealing (I'm sure Emily will post that picture on her blog here soon) but at least we accomplished #2 - Maisey told me she loved me as the Lion! The party was really fun the kids made masks and got their faces painted and pinned the tail on the Zebra and then we took their masks and I led them in an Animal parade around the neighborhood, then read them a Zoo story before cupcakes. It was really fun (I WILL charge for additional parties so don't get any ideas)! But for these two it seems I'll do just about anything - Love them! [more pics on Emily's blog soon].

6 comments:

Danielle said...

Ohhh...such an awesome Aunt!

Annie said...

Love it. Made me think of Wizard of Oz a little bit. You make an adorable lion! I've been thinking about you lately! When do you leave for the great white north? Are you so excited? I'm so sad that AmyJo's wedding isn't til the summer when you'll already be up there! I want you to come down here and hang out with me so much! Tell your sweet momma I said hi! And I MISS YOU!!

Jenalee said...

It's not even a stretch of the imagination to picture you doing that! You are the best auntie ever.

Celeste said...

I was secretly wishing it was about a specific boy... older than 12 months...darn.

You rocked the party no doubt!

Amy Lou said...

omg...........

Anna said...

This is awesome. I'm actually thinking of hiring you for my birthday party...not my future childs. See you soon!