Thursday, April 1, 2010

Truck Driving - potential Career move!

So this last weekend we headed down to Rexburg to do a little pre-move after my parents closed on a house. Of course in all the excitement I didn't bring my camera but Aunt Audrey took enough pictures for all of us I just haven't gotten them yet. Anyway not to toot my own horn but I did successfully drive a 17 ft. U-Haul truck about 500 miles and it really wasn't that bad, except somewhat painful to go only 65-70mph through Montana.

However a HUGE thank you to my friends who came over and helped out both to load and unload the truck it went so fast and I really appreciated the extra muscle. As far as the new house/town are concerned I'm still a bit distant. The house is nice and has a lot of space and light so that's good and the new ward seemed really welcoming yet down to earth and the town is quaint yet has enough things to still be comfortable and I'm sure offers more than I even know about. I think at this time however I'm just choosing to remain a bit reserved because it's just different and being down there only made the whole move seem that much more real. I know it is a huge blessing and things really are just falling into place but my friend said it best - "moving is like ripping up roots!" Well I think I'll always feel a majority of my roots are in Spokane but home will be where my family is, even if that is Rexburg Idaho!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I know how you feel!! When I miss "home" I miss pine trees and boating and seeing old friends- in Spokane. Rexburg and Idaho Falls really are great places to live but I think home is always going to be where you grew up.
That being said, I'm glad your parents will be so close to mine, more chances we'll keep seeing you at holidays

Mike and Bre said...

Wow! That's crazy your family will be here!! What will your dad be doing? Where are they exactly? Do they need any help with anything? I am totally willing to help out in any way!!

Jenalee said...

I can totally see you as a grizzly, hardened truck driver. I think you should do it.

Hana Anderson said...

I can't believe that you were in Rexburg this weekend! As you were helping your family move to rexburg I was helping my sister and brother-inlaw start their move from rexburg. small world!

The place does have some pretty sweet ice caves. you will have to check them out sometime