Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spokane Tour Guide

So most of you know I'm heading back up to Alaska this summer to be a Tour Guide for the land tours of the cruiselines and so what better way to get back into the swing of things then to host my friend Mark on his visit to Spokane. The only problem, Mark came up on business and only had one day to see the sights so I kind of rushed him.

We started downtown - he stayed at the Davenport (high roller) so we first went to Dick's Hamburgers for a Whammy, fries, milkshake appetizer which I made him take down to Riverfront Park so that we could feed the ducks the leftovers.



WHAMMY!

Of course he had to visit and ride the largest radio flyer wagon in the world while he was there.


He's having so much fun!

Then he fed the remaing garbage from pre-dinner to the trash eating goat, I forgot to mention that this was a sculpture so he got really excited for a real goat - my bad. And unfortunately we missed the carousel by about an hour, it's not quite summer yet so the hours are short but he got to look inside the window at the 100 yr. old treasure.

Still trying to be excited even though it's not a real goat!

We took a quick walk down to the falls that were a little low this year due to lack of snow, but then we made sure to stop by the Bloomsday runners and Mark joined in the fun.

Running with the "pack" and getting mowed down by the wheelchair!


Finally we tried to beat the Sunset and raced over to Coeur D'Alene where we walked around the world's longest floating boardwalk and went and had real dinner in Dockside (with the just about the worst waiter ever) and finally finished with a tour by my house and then the temple on our way back to downtown.

It was a full night and I told Mark he definitely has to come back and hit up the carousel when it's open, go boating on the lake, and even go to Silverwood if at all possible - he's excited for the potential return and I think he got a good taste of Spokane at least!

1 comment:

Mark said...

I couldn't have asked for a better guide... I saw way more than I would have ever even imagined was there on my own. Grazi!