Friday, June 26, 2009

ALASKA

I am in awe of Alaska right now - the weather has been beautiful, the landscape is breathtaking, the sun is always up it seems, and the people are friendly! It has been a great start. I had the only friend I knew up here take me around and introduce me to some people, my roommates are so sweet, I've seen moose and Mt. McKinley (or Denali as the locals call it), and we took the train for a practice run down to Seward - Alaska just keeps getting better!

And I celebrated my birthday here which is usually pretty chill but again I said the people are great I invited some friends from church to Moose's Tooth Pizza for dinner and 28 people showed up, after only being here 9 days so it was great to get to know them all and have a good time. On my actual birthday I was on the train but one of my favorite co-workers brought me a cake, it was so nice! So needless to say a great start to the summer!

No comments: