Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A "Shotgun" Wedding


I was so glad that I was able to travel down to Texas for Damon's wedding. We had so much fun and were so impressed by Tara's family and friends and how welcoming they were - they made sure that we had the best time in Texas and that we were never hungry it seemed!


We stayed out at a ranch outside of San Antonio and all day Friday we took a tour of the land - 2700 acres that we traveled by jeep, four wheeler cars, and some even in a hummer! Anna and I went for a run and ended at one of the man made pool/pond to take a quick dip from the refreshing heat, and then we shot lots and lots of guns!

Joe, Mandee, and Levi driving around!



We started off with the shotgun and the Texas girls kept showing up the boys and later we went to the Rifle range and shot a variety of pistols and some even shot the huge combat issued guns [I of course didn't know any of the names just liked to shoot them]!



Then onto the real reason for the trip - on Saturday we headed in to the temple and it was beautiful, I was on baby duty outside so I kept walking laps around the temple trying to get Damon's nephew to sleep. Afterward we took pictures outside and then two cars headed downtown for a VERY quick trip to the Alamo to remember! Seriously it was a 10 min walk through I don't even think I know the real history on the Alamo so next time I'll be better prepared so I can really appreciate it - oh and we didn't get to do the River Walk either downtown which I hear is a must do as well. Next time San Antonio!


Temple with my mom


Probably my favorite photo of the trip! Robbie was just repositionig the car but John was definitely driving them around waiting for the couple!




The Happy Couple - so many cameras I didn't take many pictures!


The Alamo Walk Through

After that excursions we followed the google map directions back to the ranch and although we were running a bit late (and we had to eat our snacks in the car - I fed Marcus Japanese while he drove) but we made it just in time for the ring ceremony which was by the pool and under this gorgeous chandelier hanging from the tree. Then we headed to the reception at the "Barn" - understatement for this place - and had some great food, listened to Damon's siblings sing a song for the new couple, danced a bit, and just celebrated Damon and Tara!

The Ring Ceremony

It was a great weekend, Damon was beyond happy and we couldn't be happier to welcome Tara into the group and I look forward to getting to know her better too!

No comments: