Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Oregon

So second stop in the lower 48 was the Portland area! I was able to spend some time with my niece and nephew (he cries when he looks at me though because I'm not his mom)! And my niece is getting so big and talking so much - she is really growing up and it's so fun, unfortunately she doesn't YELL my name anymore but now I can teach her great things to say.

Sitting by the Red Cedars near Multnomah Falls


Then I made sure to take Amy Lou out to Lincoln City to see the Oregon Coast for the first time - Shaun also called us to let us know that there was a Tsunami warning that night from the Samoa earthquake, it was ALL the news could talk about although the waves only rose .5 - 2 ft larger than normal, but we enjoyed the coast anyway!
And we got to meet my friend Matt for breakfast on the way out - it was this great little mom & pop place called "The Cake House" on Ross Island bridge and 10th street near downtown Portland - great price and HUGE portions!

We're going to be BFFLFE!
(Best Friends For Like Freaking Ever)

The stay was definitely too short though so I'll have to go back and visit again here soon!

No comments: