Wednesday, October 7, 2009

National Parks and Rocks

So since I've been traveling with AL she has increased my awareness on two subjects: Geology (that's what she has her degree in) and National Parks! Our park system in the United States is actually pretty great and AL totally chewed me out for being in Utah 5 years and not taking advantage of what I had nearby. So on the way to Denver we stopped at Arches National Park, and let me tell you I'm in LOVE! It was so beautiful and so fun - I'm totally going to go back and spend more time there and hopefully visit the other major parks nearby too!

The Windows Arch

Then when we got to the Denver area our friend Mark took us up to Estes Park in the Rocky Mountains which was beautiful in a different way. We saw Rams in the canyon and Elk on the golf course and some of the first snow fall of the year in the mountains nearby (well we drove through it the night before too)!

Estes, CO Elevation: 7,522 ft.

My dad was out hunting in Washington and this guy was so close!

Then we ended our Denver stay by meeting up with the Giblette clan for dinner which is always a good time with many laughs, I need more excuses to come back!

Me, Chantel (Sydney) & Josh, (Brooklyn) Tara & Brent, Michelle & Clint

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, what a trip girl. are you tired? looks like a bunch of fun. and you got to hang out with the giblettes? crazy!

Adrienne & Scott said...

I'm so jealous of all your travels! They look like fun!! Hope Chicago treated you well!!! Can't wait to see pics. Too bad it was a quick trip. Sorry it was a busy weekend for me. It would have been so fun to get together!!! That's funny that you didn't believe Lisa that I was pregnant! haha! I definitely had to convince my family that indeed, I really am pregnant. They didn't believe me either! haha! But we're excited!!!