Thursday, October 22, 2009

Four States - One Day!

Sorry for the pause on postings but I have completed my very long road trip across the country. On our last day driving together AL and I left Denver and headed east (besides my layover day in New York this is the furthest east I've been in the United States - kind of crazy huh)! So my first times through both Kansas and Oklahoma, and not as bad as everyone says, yes it's flat but the sky was really cool that day!

Also fun story about Kansas and Oklahoma, we saw signs for Cracker Barrel and wanted to eat there together so we stopped in Kansas at one about 2:00pm and it just so happened that is was chicken cheese broccoli casserole night but it didn't start until 4pm. We asked the waitress if they had any ready by any chance and they didn't so we made an executive decision, get back in the truck and drive until we found a restraurant after 4pm. Sure enough outside of Oklahoma we were very happy and I got a surprise, because we were close enough to Texas apparently the Dr. Pepper is different down here (I think it has something to do with the sugar), but it was almost too sweet for me - which is suprising right!



And after the Daines put us up for the night after a long drive I said goodbye to Amy Lou after a great Alaskan adventure and 19 days with one great red truck - what a trooper. But I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat and AL you were a great road trip buddy! Miss you!

1 comment:

The Grimmett's said...

Maisey was looking at the pictures with me and when we got to the bottom one she said, "That's Janel and Amy!" Funny that she remembers her!