Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Singing in the Rain

Most of my posts are about my recent adventures wherever I may be and as I was looking over things the other day I realized is not a complete representation of my life. I am so blessed and grateful for the many opportunities and experiences that I have been able to have in my life in the past few years and they have definitely shaped me and helped me to grow. However my life is not ALWAYS exciting and wonderful and carefree and those closest to me know that I still have rough days and struggle with "figuring out the rest of my life" and there are days that I get frustrated and want to punch people in the face.

My life can be just like the weather here in Alaska, sunny for hours with a clear view or it can be covered in clouds and rain where you can't see anything in the distance. I don't normally share my struggles or my frustrations with everyone (especially not on my blog), but that's not because I'm trying to play up this amazing carefree life but because I find that when I focus on the negative it doesn't make me any happier - granted I don't pretend that they're not there I just try my best to take them for what they are and ask for help from those closest to me when needed and at times just try to sing in the rain. Focusing on the best things in my life which usually include my family, friends, and faith are what keep me going everyday - they make the good times that much better and the hard times that much easier. A Sweedish proverb says "Shared sorrow is half the sorrow, and shared joy is double the joy!" I completely agree so thank you for all those who build me up and constantly support me.

Now don't think I'm undergoing this massive hard time right now either my life is pretty enjoyable, but with the good comes the bad and I'm really just living life the best I can and hopefully it's the relationships I form and the knowledge that I gain that with be the defining factors of a life well lived!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I agree! I hate reading the ranting blogs where people complain about their lives. I know some people think it's fake to only post the good in life, but I don't think so, I think it makes for much more enjoyable reading. Yeah there's hardships worth sharing and gaining support for but I prefer to read how people will conquer those challenges with a good attitude. There's enough pessimism in this world. I'm glad that you write about all of the fun things going on in your life!

Kara said...

Thanks for sharing and for your comment on my blog the other day! Funny how the Lord tends to know more than we do and yet we have such a hard time putting our faith in him. I am trying to figure this concept out...I hope all is well! Keep havin' fun and smiling!

Celeste said...

I love your honesty Janel! You are a very REAL person.