Wednesday, September 3, 2008

New York



Hey look I'm in Time Square!

Ok it's official I have been in the Eastern US. On our way home from Brazil Josh and I stayed in New York for a day with a friend of his (Thanks again Ashley and Leslie for your hospitality we really appreciated it)! On Friday we took the Subway down to Central Park and walked all over seeing the Manhattan Temple, some of the park, then walked down to Time Square so we saw a bunch of just the regular city then.
Josh & I with the Statue of Liberty over his shoulder - the lady didn't zoom very well!

We headed along the Hudson so I saw the Statue of Liberty from afar and Ellis Island and then we headed to where the Trade Center stood and saw some of the memorials and got some great dipped - ice cream cones and pizza too. By this point I felt like we had walked 20 miles, which may have actually been true so we headed back to Time Square and saw a movie. Then headed back and crashed yet again (all this traveling makes us tired).

I enjoyed my visit to the BIG Apple and thanks Josh for showing me a round and walking everywhere with me, I can't wait to go back and hopefully see a Broadway show next time!

My view from the plane as I left New York - heaps of clouds and gorgeous sunset!

2 comments:

DaNae said...

I always thought it felt good to be back in good ol' USA after traveling! I am glad you are having so much fun.

Anna said...

Girl, you are my hero and i'm so glad you finally got pictures of everything up! You're inspiring me to be even more adventurous when the new year begins. Can't wait to see you!