Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Johannesburg, South Africa

We flew into Joburg at 7am (in the last 3 nights I have now only slept 8 hours) we make it through customs and Josh negotiates his way into a Volkswagon Chico rental car and we leave the airport at 9am. We drive around find our accomadations but our check in time isn't until 1pm so we head to the grocery store to get a snack.

Josh just sooooo happy about this car!




Great time to take my Malaria medication on an empty stomach - fast forward 20 min with my head in a garbage can throwing it all up (took it with food from then on out)! By 11am we are falling asleep in the car in the parking lot so we head back to the lodge to see if our rooms are by any chance ready - they are and I'm so happy.


Simba the dog at our accomadations!

My dad always told me to stay up till 9pm at least the night you fly in, but there was no way my eyes were going to hold up so I decided a little nap won't hurt. 6 hours later I wake up and it's almost dark again - oops! But it was ok I was so tired that I fell asleep again about midnight!

No comments: