Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Dr. Dad


I was only in Alaska less than a week before I was on a plane back home to celebrate two things. The first is that my cousin Amy got home from her mission to McAllen Texas, and the second was that my dad graduated from Gonzaga University with his PhD in Leadership Studies. Everyone came into town and it was so fun to spend time together - of course I wanted more but I had to get back up to Alaska for my first tour!
Papa with Gage

It was so good to see Amy and it seemed so completely normal right away. I'm so glad that she's been able to have this amazing experience but I'm thrilled that she's only a phone call away now and that we can still have many more adventures to come.


The graduation was a typical ceremony, although I thought both the speakers were "interesting." The first promised to be brief but droned on about nothing that really related and the student speaker seemed like he hadn't even prepared - it was rough. However we finally waited and cheered Dad on as he received his doctoral hood. Then in true Munson (my mom's side of the family) style we headed out for loads of pictures.






Finally we all went home and called Ryan on his mission and just had a great time. Amy spoke in church the next day and after lunch everyone kind of headed their own way and I went straight to the airport for the land of the North. I also pretty much said goodbye to the house because a new family will probably be there before I get back. At least we had one more great weekend together all at home!

No comments: