Monday, September 28, 2009

Encore!

Well just a few days before I left Anchorage my friends Luke and Tyler came back into town from their hunting trip (Luke got a Caribou and Tyler a Black Bear - they were pretty proud so I wanted to give them a shout out!) but we all decided that on one of our last days we'd try to go to The Lion King which was showing in Anchorage this month. We also heard about their student rush tickets so we got an amazing deal and were all able to go enjoy the show!

Of course the costumes were superb and the music inspiring adn overall I think we were all impressed with the performance, and yes we left singing the songs for sure! Of course the night was pretty funny we were in quite a rush to get home and change after we found out we got the tickets - and used Tyler's missionary ID instead of a student ID which totally worked - but then the boys weren't able to pick out outfits so Amy and I just took over and told them what they were wearing and we all got changed so quickly got back downtown and I realized I had only brought heels and we were suppossed to meet up with some friends from work to go dancing. So with about 12 minutes to spare we ran into JC Penny's downtown and I bought the first pair of black flats I could find (which were also on sale) and the whole trying on/transaction was done in 6 min, just enough time for us to run to make it for the curtain call!

Luke, Amy Lou, Tyler, & Me
It was such a great night and I was in such great company!

No comments: