Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Arizona Here I Come!

Well it's official I've finally made a decision with my life (well for now). I just got the call this week and am moving to Arizona to work with Anasazi, a program that hikes throught the hills of Arizona with youth that need to head toward a new direction with their lives. I'll be working as a trailwalker so hiking with them and helping to guide them around 12-35 miles a week. I work 8 days on 6 days off and I've very excited to work with this program and spend some time outdoors (maybe a little regrouping for myself too!). So if you ever come by Mesa in the next 8 months give me a call and I'll keep you updated on my experiences. Thanks for all the love and support over the past month while I've been figuring things out. Love you all!
Oh for more information on the program visit www. anasazi.org!

6 comments:

The Grimmett's said...

Can't wait to see you next week at our NEW HOUSE!!!!!!

year.of.the.dolphin said...

seriously, I am so incredibly proud of you! you are amazing! please keep in touch :)

rachel said...

wow that sounds awsome! Congrats on the new job!

Unknown said...

So So fun! I wanna do my student teaching there, I love AZ. I think you will really help those kids you are working with. You will do awesome!

Unknown said...

I went to a business forum a few years ago where the speaker was one the owners of Anasazi. He was super cool and super funny. His life story is amazing. I'm sure you will love the experience!

P.S. I just noticed you have a link to my blog that says "Kim and Tyler Weathers". I wish he would take MY last name! Ha ha I don't know how you would know my new last name because it's not on my blog. But for your references it's Muir.

Ann Marie said...

Thats super awesome Janel!! I know you will have tons of great experiences!! A few of my old roomies went and did that after they had graduated. Megan Montour was one of them. Now her Brother Phil is out there! That would be cool if you saw him!! Everyone I have talked to has absolutely loved it though! Have such a great time!