Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Missionaries

Today was bitter sweet, I got to go to the Missionary Training Center here in Provo and drop off my cousin (& best friend) Amy who is headed to the Texas McAllen Mission. She is going to be an amazing missionary but I'm not going to lie often times when I need to talk to someone or vent or tell someone how funny I was I call Amy. That's going to be the hardest part of these next 18 months is just not seeing her or being able to visit with her. Although I know the time will fly by and I'm so excited for her to embark on this experience - she'll help a lot of people.Hey it's me Amy I'm now officially at the MTC and leaving on my Mission!

Callie, Amy, & I - and yes we have plans to skydive summer 2010 when she's back!

Also since I was traveling when Ryan went into the MTC and since Wednesday is his Preparation Day where they get to do Laundry and write letters and what not I may have told him to look for us around a certain time so that I could see him one last time before he left for Mexico. And since his birthday was on Monday I may have brought him and his companion Cafe Rio and Mt. Dew. Happy Birthday Ry!
So good to see Ryan - he's just so grown up and really coming into his own - LOVE HIM!

Hermano Grimmett and Hermana Kolb I'm so proud of the both of you and I wish you the very best in your travels and experiences. I know Heavenly Father will bless you both greatly and I can't wait until we're all together again. Love ya!

The whole group at the MTC today Ryan, Me, Pam Holmes, Kaleb, Amy, Callie, Audrey, & Don

3 comments:

Jillian said...

I actually know 3 people in that same mission right now! It's a good one--so she must be amazing too :) Actually one of them is Brett Kocherhan's younger brothers. Crazy coincidence!

DaNae said...

How exciting for Amy! She will be great. and nice job sneaking stuff into your bro!

Anonymous said...

did amy tell you that I got to see her before she left?!! I was at walmart on the saturday before she left and ran into her! I was so happy to see her! I hope she's doing okay!