Sunday, April 6, 2014

2013 Review in Pictures

2013 was another great year but I made a transition from my job and decided to head back up to Alaska with the intention of taking a "working vacation" and then diving into the next thing.  I wasn't expecting to find an opportunity to stay or even that I would really consider it and eventually accept that offer - but just like most things in my life, it doesn't quite end up like I planned but everything ends up just as it should!
 
March 2013 - 1/2 Marathon that I didn't really train for but just ran anyway, so nice to have these friends to motivate me and wait for me at the finish line!
 

March 2013 - Celebrated Shaun's 30th birthday in Sunriver, OR
 

April 2013 - Took a road trip to visit friends/family in the Pacific Northwest, so nice to re-connect and get some good quality time with the people that remind me who I am!
 

May - I decided to head back up to Alaska to work on the trains and convinced a friend or two to join me for some summer adventures!
 

 

May 2013 - Quickly reminded myself of how much I love Alaska!
 
 
June 2013 - We had some visitors, Katie made it up for Solstice


July 2013 - 4th of July raft down the Kenai River
 

Aug 2013 - Carlina came too and caught our silver salmon in Seward!
 
 
 Aug 2013 - My parents finally made it up to see me and I tried to show them as much of Alaska as I could in about 7 days, while balancing my work schedule!


October 2013 - After I decided to stay in Alaska as the Supervisor or Rail Operations for the Wilderness Express Train, I went home to visit and get some warmer clothes - we headed over to Yellowstone too to see Old Faithful while I was in Idaho!
 
 
Oct 2013 - Then we sent Nathaniel on his mission to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania


Oct 2013 - Stayed in Utah to go to Lake Powell for the first time!
 

Dec 2013 - more to come on my adventures during my first winter in Alaska but I made sure that I got to spend the holidays this year with family and I flew down so that I arrived just in time for Christmas morning with some of my favorite people!
 

This year I was grateful for changes that I expected and others that I didn't, I know that many of our experiences are given to us to allow us to grow and become better so I'm trying to take advantage of every opportunity that is sent my way!

No comments: