Friday, February 26, 2010

99 Things

So I saw this on my friend Tara's blog and I figured it had been a while since I posted and my life isn't exactly super exciting or full of activity right now, however the idea behind this is to list these 99 things and BOLD those that you have already done. I was a little surprised by what I have accomplished so far and look forward to continuing to live a full life and hopefully keep going after dreams!



1. Start a Blog - obviously
2. Slept under the Stars - camp, trampoline, we love this!
3. Played in a band - I can actually play the piano and Trombone!
4. Visited Hawaii - In High School but I want to go back!
5. Watched a meteor shower - camp & "Who saw the Northern Lights?"
6. Given more than you can afford to Charity - I'm counting Kaiizen trips that I funded still as a student and all the time spent helping - but these are the best times!
7. Been to Disneyland - not till I was 19 but still fun!
8. Climbed a Mountain - Want to climb higher ones though!
9. Held a Praying Mantis
10. Sang a Solo - 6th Grade D.A.R.E. performance "You can stop smoking, yes you can. Just reach out for a helping hand" - oh and how could I forget the 4th grade Napoleon Bonaparte!
11. Bungee Jumped - Queenstown, New Zealand
12. Visited Paris - not yet but hopefully
13. Watched a Lightning Storm at Sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had Food Poisoning - While driving back from Mexico - ZERO FUN SIR!
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own Vegetables - Corn and Tomatoes as a kid
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight Train - been to the Engine in Alaska but never slept on board!
21. Had a pillow fight - Oh yeah!
22. Hitch Hiked - always a dream but I have yet to do it!
23. Taken a sick day when your not ill - For a perfect day on the Lake!
24. Built a Snow Fort - Neighborhood Igloo complete w/slide winter of '94-95
25. Held a lamb - petted yes, never held
26. Gone Skinny Dipping - My first time in Australia (I'm an International Dipper)!
27. Run a Marathon - this needs to be sooner than later
28. Ridden a Gondola in Venice
29. Seen a Total Eclipse - of the heart? Bonnie Tyler?
30. Watched both a Sunset and Sunrise - many a times, more sunsets though for sure!
31. Hit a home run - Inside the park, good thing I was fast and they made field errors!
32. Been on a cruise - First one this fall to the Caribbean!
33. Visited Niagara Falls
34. Visited the Birthplace of your ancestors - Scotland, England, Norway & Germany
35. Seen an Amish community - this is a To Do
36. Taught yourself a new language - I NEED to learn Spanish!
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Visited the Leaning Tower of Pisa
39. Been Rock Climbing - this is a great full body workout
40. Seen Michelangelo's David
41. Sung Karaoke - I'm not good but I have fun!
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt - A long time ago I should visit again!
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - Big spender - it was at Dick's Hamburgers!
44. Visited Africa - South Africa and Swaziland
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight - beautiful
46. Been transported in an ambulance - but only to McDonalds after a roll-over accident!
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone Deep Sea Fishing - Halibut in Alaska, not too deep though
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower
51. Gone Scuba Diving or Snorkeling - Yes but want to get certified to Dive
52. Kissed in the Rain - can't say I have
53. Played in Mud - Ah yeah!
54. Gone to a drive-in theater - so fun (West Valley, UT)
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a Business - I don't think lemonade stands count!
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup Kitchen

61. Sold/Bought Girl Scout Cookies - Thin Mints
62. Gone Whale Watching - this summer hopefully
63. Got Flowers for no reason
64. Donated Blood

65. Gone Skydiving - Sometime soon right after Callie graduates
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check/Overdrafted your account - Unfortunately yes!
68. Flown in a Helicopter
69. Saved a Favorite Childhood toy - my mom keeps everything so probably!
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a Quilt - YW project
73. Stood in Times Square - for a day stop in NYC
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been Fired or Let go from a job - Kind of, they couldn't give me time off for two back to back humanitarian trips.
76. Seen a changing of the guard in London - a quick lay over trip to the city!
77. Broken a bone
78. Been a passenger on a motorcycle - for sure!
79. Seen the Grand Canyon
80. Have been published
81. Visited the Redwoods - I was real young and want to go back
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the Newspaper
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year's Eve
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - Only fish no big game
88. Had Chickenpox
89. Saved Someone's Life
90. Sat on a Jury
91. Met Someone Famous - not that I can remember
92. Joined a book club
93. Got a Tatoo - this will never happen
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person - Remember
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a lawsuit
98. Owned a cell phone - when was this written?
99. Been stung by a bee - I sometimes still freak out from a traumatic sting when I was 5!

So I'm going to add my own Number 100 to the list:
100. Make you own list of things you want to do in your life

This list was fun to look at but really I'd rather make my own and fulfill things that are important to me, so this is one of my Goals for this year is to start to list things that I want to do with my life and then just start doing them. Lately I've surprised myself with what I can actually do if I make it a priority - so here's to my number 100 and let me know if there's something you think I should add to the list!

1 comment:

Lesli Joe said...

I've done 43 of these things! That is almost half - pretty good. I only think I have that many because I have been to Paris and 3 are from Paris.