Saturday, August 16, 2008

Viva la Mexico

Bombay and the boys playing baseball - we used the cars and a stump as our bases!

Well the week is already done and sorry still no pictures added yet a few of our group got sick last night and I did a bit today so I thought a nap was a little more important so that I don't hopefully heave all night on these planes.
A picture of the kids as they were working on their writing assignment

The charter school had a lot of fun and they were great at building relationships with the older kids at the orphanage. We were able to play endless four-square, head to this pool (complete with cement slide - I got the award for going the fastest down), tie-dying and a bunch of other different things.

Hana and I with our friends who played to us a Mexican song from "Utah" while we ate tacos!

Now I'm just re-couping as best as I can and headed out to catch my flights to Brazil for about two weeks. I'll be working there with Kaiizen in Project Educate which is a program where we sponsor 8 kids from the public to private high school in hope of not only graduating but passing the examinations to get into public university which is all paid for by the state. I think all will be the first in their families to do so. I hear they are great kids and so many fun stories about them and I'm so excited to go and meet them.

I'm assuming I'll have some sort of internet access during this time so just e-mail me if you need anything. Love you all.

4 comments:

erika said...

Janel what's up foo?

What the heck are you doing?

-Jensen

rob said...

Dont forget to shake that bunda while you're down there!

Unknown said...

Got your text the other day about your blog. Nice to see how you are doing. Sounds like you are having blasty blast! Way to go out and experience the world.

Amy Jo Nelson said...

Janel. I miss you. I can't wait for you to come home and I can get a full run down of your adventures. HURRY HURRY HOME.